Back in May I was reading one of my favorite bloggers, Mommy on the Spot, and I was inspired. At that time I had been reading a lot of blogs that were primarily writer bloggers and they were frustrated with not feeling like they were important enough since they don’t rake in a ton of money, or free stuff through giveaways, etc.
And I thought that it was a shame…
BECAUSE WRITER BLOGGERS MATTER.
Putting yourself out there, your thoughts, your emotions, your feelings… all matter. You are being creative and expressive no matter what you write – you are doing something and that is valuable.
And that is how the idea was born for my writing contest.
What is it?
Once a month, beginning Sunday, October 3rd, I will be putting up a linky for you to link up to. It will stay open for 48 hours. Link up your best post. It can be short or long, funny or sweet. It can even be a picture with a rock star caption. Whatever, you are most proud of, link it up!!! Don’t be shy.
You may only link 1 post per blog. ie: If you have 2 blogs, you can have 2 links.
I will read everything and whatever post I think is the best will win the prize for that month! That post will be featured the following week.
The Benefits of Entering
Well there is going to be one heck of a list of entertaining posts for you to read and for you to find other bloggers to follow that you may not have heard of before. Not to mention the fact that you may win something for your efforts. It really is a win-win situation for everyone.
The winner each month will also get a permanent link on the Winner’s List on the contest page.
The Rules and the Fine Print
1. You must either follow via Google Friend Connect or subscribe by email to my blog to be eligible to enter.
2. Writing Contests are subjective. Yes, we all think we are awesome, but if you don’t win or do not like the post that is picked… please no nasty comments!
3. This contest is supposed to be fun. It is a chance for me to give something back to the blog world because I enjoy this amazing and wonderful place.
4. I will leave a comment on every single post that is entered just so you know I was there!
5. The linky will stay open for 48 hours. The Winner will be announced the following week.
6. You may only link 1 post per blog. ie: If you have 2 blogs, you can have 2 links.
Prizes and Sponsors
I am looking for sponsors for future contests or to have more contests each month instead of one. If you or someone you know would like to be a sponsor, please contact me at: email@example.com
Sponsoring the contest is easy!
1. You do not have to have an online store or some type of item to be given away. You can simply donate a dollar amount or gift card and you will be promoted. For example:
- Maybe you sell insurance or are a realtor and you want to get your name out there?
- Maybe you are just a blogger who wants some exposure?
- Do you sell primarily baby stuff or a niche product that might not benefit all of the entrants? You can still donate a cash prize to get your site or service noticed.
The possibilities are endless.
2. Sponsors will be promoted 3 times.
- When the contest begins.
- When the contest winner is announced.
- A permanent spot on the Contest Sponsor Page
Sponsors must be a good fit for the readers of my blog, if not, they may not be accepted.
Stay tuned for tomorrow when I announce a GIVEAWAY to jump start the writing contest!!!